Senior Producer/Director of Video
Company: Al-Monitor, LLC
Location: Washington, DC
Job type: Full Time Employee or Independent Contractor
Producer Position Overview:
Al-Monitor is looking for an experienced video/tv producer to build and produce comprehensive original video programming that complements our award-winning coverage of the politics, people and the culture across the Middle East. This is an exciting role, and the successful candidate will work hand-in-hand with editors across the region and be responsible for conceiving and executing dynamic video content. Additionally, the role includes producing a daily and weekly program with our partner, RealClearPolitics.
Al-Monitor’s mission is to foster a deeper understanding between the Middle East and the international community by diving deep with analytical pieces from some of the most trusted, independent authors from across the globe.
Our team represents a diverse set of perspectives and Al-Monitor provides a unique, multilingual platform that amplifies their insights to allow us to uncover the trends that are shaping the future of the Middle East.
Al-Monitor’s authors write for those who want to go beyond the headlines — readers who want to explore into the nuances of regional politics, but also those who want to better understand the social and culture context of the Middle East as seen, experienced and understood by those who live there.
RealClearPolitics is the trusted, non-partisan convener in a content-rich media environment, thoughtfully curating the best coverage from every angle of the day's most critical issues. As a destination for elected officials, opinion leaders, and engaged citizens, RealClearPolitics provides a platform to elevate the best-of-the-best in journalism.
RCP's staff of experienced journalists delivers insightful and impartial reporting and analysis from the White House, Congress, and the campaign trail, supplemented by in-depth exploration of the campaigns, candidates, and voting trends. The mission of all our original material, is to give our readers a fresh, objective, and enlightening look at the political landscape every single day.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The Producer will be responsible for overseeing Al-Monitor’s new video programming, which will include shows produced in Washington, DC and across the Middle East with our correspondents and partners. Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Develop daily programming of multiple online shows of varying lengths to be displayed on our site via JWPlayer.
- Produce original video and assisting with video production and editing to create consistent execution and quality.
- Provide direction and feedback to correspondents.
- Deliver finished videos in English for publication on JWPlayer.
- Participate in project teams from concept through production.
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around story ideas.
- Maintain high degree of industry knowledge re digital video production and distribution.
- Perform other duties as required.
- At least 5 years of experience producing online video content at a major news network or OTT as well as a proven track record of digital video growth.
- Must have expert level experience with all aspects of digital video production including, producing, shooting, editing and lighting. Excellent news gathering abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of online production and storytelling, and online publishing systems and technologies.
- Broad knowledge of current political and cultural issues in the US & the Middle East.
- Proficient in English language and proven grammar and editing skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure Outstanding online portfolio of prior work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to strike a balance between showing initiative and seeking appropriate guidance and input from others.
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills; effective team player.
- Competitive based on experience
Qualified candidates should send CV, include links to reel and/or recent work and cover letter to email@example.com with “Producer Position” in the subject line.
Location: Washington, DC area
Al-Monitor is looking for a Congressional Correspondent to join our growing Washington team as we pursue our goal of becoming the leading news source for all things Middle East/North Africa. We're looking for someone who can explain how Capitol Hill policymaking impacts people from Morocco to Iran while keeping tabs on Washington's ever-expanding army of foreign agents (aka lobbyists) and what they're up to.
Forget the daily grind of trying to keep up with all the latest bills that aren't going anywhere anyway. What we want is somebody who can ferret out key sanctions legislation before it's even filed or figure out what's buried in the latest Defense or foreign aid bills before anyone else does.
We're not looking for a Middle East expert or multi-linguist, just a great enterprise reporter. A deep curiosity about the region however is critical for putting Washington policymaking in perspective and for understanding which stories resonate with our readers.
Al-Monitor’s mission is to foster a deeper understanding between the Middle East and the international community by diving deep with analytical pieces from some of the most trusted, independent authors from across the globe. Our team represents a diverse set of perspectives and Al-Monitor provides a unique, multilingual platform that amplifies their insights to allow us to uncover the trends that are shaping the future of the Middle East.
Al-Monitor’s authors write for those who want to go beyond the headlines — readers who want to explore into the nuances of regional politics, but also those who want to better understand the social and cultural context of the Middle East as seen, experienced and understood by those who live there.
- Build and maintain relationships with key lawmakers and staffers to produce exclusive stories and in-depth analysis;
- Track key legislation to break news about the latest legislative developments;
- Dig through public records and lobbying databases for regular features about foreign influence in Washington;
- Work with our Middle East editors to put together our Middle East Minute news roundup every weekday morning;
- Interview key decisionmakers in print and on camera;
- Read relevant research (Congressional Resource Service reports, etc.) to help put our coverage in context;
- Work in cooperation with our other Washington reporters as needed;
- Maintain and grow our congressional Twitter feed, @CongressPulse;
- Appear occasionally on our podcast, Off the Hookah (http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/OffTheHookah);
- Promote our content on television and radio.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent;
- At least three years' experience covering foreign policy or national security on Capitol Hill;
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressure.
To apply, please send a resume and up to five recent clips to Washington Editor Julian Pecquet at firstname.lastname@example.org.